Please Note: Translators and Editors will need to complete and upload diagnostic tests. Typesetters will be asked to upload samples as well. All links will be found in the form.
We also take Chinese to English translations now!!
NanoDesu Translations is a rapidly growing Japanese to English light novel translation group. We pride ourselves on producing near-professional-level English translations that are both pleasant to read and clear in expression. If you would like to contribute to our efforts and join us as a team member in any capacity, please read on.
Here is a very basic description of the roles available. Even if we have not opened a recruitment call, you can always feel free to apply! We can always use more motivated staff members.
- Translator: The core and leader of each translation team. Translates a light novel from Japanese to English, and is also responsible for communicating with his team and supervisor.
- Editor: Support staff for the translator. Helps clean up the grammar and wording of the translation. Must have a very solid handle on English language, especially stylistically.
- Typesetter (Graphics): Creates site graphics and also cleans/typesets color illustrations for our projects.
- Typesetter (EPUB/PDF): Turns finished volumes into pretty EPUB/PDF format.
- Other: Want to do something else for us that isn’t covered by the four roles above? Don’t worry, the app has an option for that too!
For more detailed descriptions of the jobs themselves and their requirements, just click on the application! All ideas are welcome!
Any and all questions can also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.