The prospect of joining ND fills you with DETERMINATION.
Anyways, we’re back again with another round of recruitment. This time, we’re looking for people to help us with graphics and images. Specifically, we need people who are good with manipulating and replacing text in images. If you’re at all interested in applying, or just want to see what exactly the job entails, there’ll be a link at the bottom of this post for you to download. Included in the folder are a before and after example of what we would like and then two examples for you to typeset and send back to us. Also, if you have any other examples of work that you’ve done in the past that you would like us to see, send that along with the completed tasks to us at: email@example.com
02/04/2016: Sekai Game Volume 1, Chapter 5-3 updated (Chapter complete)
01/31/2016: Grimgar Level 3, Chapter 5-1
01/23/2016: Qualidea Volume1, Chapter 6
01/15/2016: Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Volume 5, Chapter 6-3 updated
Hey guys, it’s hikaslap, WOW we have so many projects, I almost feel bad. How is everyone going to read them all? This new one is about martial arts, love, and confusion! That’s never been anything but a winning formula in my experience.
Say hello to this ridiculously long title: Bu ni Mi wo Sasagete Hyaku to Yonen. Elf de Yarinaosu Musha Shugyou! Translating to “The tale of a man devoted to Martial Arts for a hundred years and died, only to be reincarnated as an elf.” Let’s watch the trailer!
Slava is an old man. On the verge of death, he has only two regrets; not perfecting his Martial Arts that had been passed down by his Master, and leaving his adopted daughter, as well as disciple, the Elf Alma, alone. His two dying wishes that he makes to her are that she take the hidden scroll of the school and learn its secrets, and that she would love, have a family, and be happy in his stead.
But Slava is reborn as an Elf, and with the same first name too! Being told that he was named after the only master of “Alma-sama”, it appears that some time had passed and his adopted daughter had become a very important person!
– Summary from NovelUpdates.com
We are just rolling in projects lately, but that’s because of our wonderful ND Academy, which has been so far a success! I think. I don’t have a bird’s eye view of the whole thing, but they seem to be doing well, and we now have four new interesting projects to our name, which is nothing to sniff at.
However, with this final one, I suppose the momentum will die down until we decide to open NDA again (we had a LOT of applicants last time). Here’s a story that could go in any direction, from poignant to hilarious to absolutely ridiculous. Won’t know until more is translated!
Nanodesuyo wrote a funny puzzle for this project, this time. The solution is to take the directions literally, “tell me what comes after this”. After the word “this” in each paragraph, you find “boo”, “knee”, “me”. Which would you would then have to transcribe in Japanese as Bu Ni Mi!
Our fourth and final NDAcademy project will be opening this weekend! As always, here’s the puzzle for it for people who are interested in finding out the project title early.
Nice story ideas! But now tell me what comes after this.
– Casper was always a friendly ghost, and others knew this. “Boo!” he would yell, but he wouldn’t frighten anybody. But then what was the point of being a ghost if you couldn’t scare anybody? Feeling more and more despondent, Casper goes to see the Wicked Witch of the mountain, in search for a way to become the scariest ghost who ever existed.
– Ever since the biking accident, Carl hasn’t been the same. He grew sluggish, often deciding to lie in bed instead of going out with his friends. “I’d go and play with you guys but this knee of mine… it’s still… ugh, just let me stay inside,” would be the same, tired excuse he would give. His friends grew worried, and decided to throw him a surprise party, in the hope that it would lift his spirits and bring him back to his old self.
– “This me is the only me you’re gonna get!” Sarah stood defiantly in front of the audition committee with her arms crossed. They could criticize her all they wanted, but nobody would tell her to change her script. She had poured her entire soul into writing that story, and if they didn’t like it as is she wasn’t about to kowtow to their whims. No, she wouldn’t deal with them anymore. It was time to take things into her own hands.
We welcome our new translator Kaylalyak who will be translating our newest series: Bokura wa Mahou Shoujo no Naka!
Bokura wa Mahou Shoujo no Naka (Light Novel)
Link to Translation
Head Translator: Kaylalyak
Novel Summary (from Wikipedia): We have been imprisoned in the magical girl’s cage. In this confined world, we have to offer one student as a sacrifice once a week. And the one who was chosen is the person I love the most…
This is a relatively new series by Mikage Eiji, the author of Hakomari and various other light novels. As you might expect, it’s rather dark and edgy and suspenseful, and so to a lot of you who are looking for that fix, you don’t need to look any farther! This is also Kaylalyak’s first project after graduating from ND Academy, so go over and support him!
Also puzzle solution for those interested: http://pastebin.com/CHB3X9YM.
Solve the puzzle and get the right to see it early (as well as infinity bragging rights).
NDTL NEW PROJECT PUZZLE
CODE: First Letters (x if undefined)
But don’t take this zombie lightly.
On the pamphlet that was slightly more slender than a textbook, the words “Exploration Club Guide” were written with a background depicting a wild and natural landscape on top of a smooth and sleek cover.
“One of us is an imposter. And they’re not trying to come forward. So if they’re not an enemy then what the hell are they? If there is another reason, I want someone to tell me, meow.”
K-chak—it made a noise as she loaded the cartridge in. At the same time, the spring mechanism’s “spell drum” made a clear crackling sound, and began to rotate.
Could it be that this girl is blind?
“Oh, and I’m also your big sister.” She pointed at me with a flourish. “Mm, yeah, I guess.” This should go without saying, but Kusaoka Amane and Kusaoka Haruma are siblings bound by blood, and for whatever reason they also go to the same school and have a teacher-student relationship.
“…D-d-don’t mess… don’t…” Haruhiro stood up abruptly, and he felt blood rush to his head.
Eriri stood there, her blonde hair glowing with an aura of radiance in the sunlight.
PUT THE SOLUTION INTO THE URL: __________thetranslation.wordpress.com.
To our readers,
We here at NDTL thank you very much for your continued support of our group. 2015 has been a crazy hectic year for us, and of course we wouldn’t be doing any of this if it wasn’t the knowledge that our work was making you all happy. Here are some of the notable NDTL events this year:
– Opened thirteen new projects, with another few waiting to be opened early next year.
– Appointment of two new supervisors: Wing and SoraSky.
– Launch of our first Chinese project: My Girlfriend is a Mahou Shoujo, translated by victorrama.
– Launch of ND Academy, headed by SoraSky, which was a resounding success. Plans for the second class of ND Academy are already underway.
– Our active staff is now officially over 75 people.
– Revival of Mayo Chiki, and maybe some more revivals to come?
– We are also approaching the launch of a new consolidated site, which will hopefully give each of us much more robust control over the content we offer you.
As we move into 2016, we will as always be working hard to bring you new, exciting content to enjoy. Please support us through next year as well, so we can make it even better than the last.
-NanoDesu, on behalf of the NanoDesu Translations Admin Board